Questions and answers - Prices, licensing, and policies
- What does editNC cost?
US$250 per seat. Discounts are available for 5 seats and up. Floating licenses are priced at $250 per active user. The license manager itself costs $100 per installation. (This charge may be waved for 5+ seats)
- Where do I get an evaluation copy? How do we then get a license?
EditNC can be used for up to 15 days without registering - this provides an evaluation period. The editor is available - usually as a download - from dealers. Contact us and we’ll connect you with a deale
- How do the “floating licenses” work?
A floating license declares the maximum number of editors allowed on a network at one time. So, a floating license for 10 users would allow any number of users as long as no more than 10 are active simultaneously.
- How are editor copies “registered"?
Single-seat editors are registered via a license file. Floating licenses are registered via a license file accessible by the license server.
- We are evaluating editNC so we are still running under the 15 day evaluation. How can we test the floating license capability?
Floating licenses are not available in evaluation mode. We can provide (through your dealer) a temporary full license for test purposes
- Do I have to pay full price to upgrade from an earlier release to the current release?
Upgrades within a release are free, as are upgrades from the release immediately prior within 120 days of installing the prior release. Discounts for upgrading from earlier releases may also be available. Dealers can help with upgrade pricing.
- I have a notebook computer and would like to use editNC on that as well as on my desktop computer. Do I need two licenses?
No, not if both computers are used by one person.
- Can editNC be installed on a network server for use by multiple users?
Yes. A single copy of editNC can be accessed by other computers atteched to a network. Single-seat license files must be on their respective computers. Floating licenses only need the server to have a license file.
- What if I need to change computers? Do I need to buy a new license?
Usually not. For release 9 and later we provide new activation codes at no charge when an editor is moved to a new computer. (Release 9 was announced in 2005.)
- What operating systems does editNC run on?
EditNC runs on 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11. It will not run on systems prior to 7 or on 32 bit systems.
- How often are updates released?
There is no set schedule. Historically, we produce about two updates per year.
- Are non-English versions available?
All editor text is contained in an external, editable, file for easy translation.
- Are educational licenses available?
Yes. Contact us for more information.